Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's About Time...

Haven't updated in a while. I've been so busy with the start of school. I have a wonderful new class, probably one of the best I've ever had. They are so excited about learning, so accepting of the new responsibilities they have as sixth graders, such lovers of life. This is my 26th year of teaching, and I am so blessed to be able to say that I love it as much as I did when I first started. And I'm better, too!

I was thinking the other day, as I lay in bed with the flu, about just how fortunate I am to have found my purpose in life. So many people wander aimlessly along life's road, never truly knowing what they are doing, what their purpose is. God has blessed me with this understanding, and, as I get older and hopefully wiser, I realize just how wonderful I feel doing what I love.

Rumi once said, "Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." Yep. That's it in a nutshell.

Thank you, God, for all you've given me, and thank you for all you are.

No comments: