Friday, November 6, 2009

Amazing Grace

My recent bout with the H1N1 virus was a doozy. I have never been so sick, so virally sick, in my life. I felt like I had no control, and I was fortunate enough to have the best sister in the world come over and actually take care of me for a week. For a person as fiercely independent as me, allowing Andrea to basically make all decisions and just take care of me, you know how sick I had to have been.

Today is the first day that I really feel like myself again. No more dizziness, high fever, hacking cough (ok, just a little hacking cough)body aches and chills, this was the worst flu I've ever had. It consumes a person.

A couple of days ago, when Andi had to rush me to the ER because I was so dizzy and out of it I couldn't really even think, I asked God to please, just please guide me through this. I couldn't really even answer the basic questions the doctor was asking me, and I could see by the worried look on my sister's face that she was scared as well. There is something about giving a situation so totally to God that is liberating, in a way. I had to trust in him, because I, the person who always has to be in control, wasn't able to function. It was scary, but God is good, he is so very good, and I am so glad he is the guiding force in my life.

No comments: